Saturday, April 17, 2010

Chicken Cordon Bleu--Crockpot


I love how quick & easy crockpot recipes are & this is really tasty too!






Chicken Cordon Bleu

6 chicken breasts (medium-sized)

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 C. milk

4 oz. sliced ham (I like to get it fresh from the deli counter)

4 oz. swiss cheese (sliced or shredded also works)

1 box chicken Stove Top stuffing (I use about 1/4 to 1/3 of the box)

1/4 C. melted butter (I use 2 Tbsp. since I use less stuffing)




Mix together soup & milk & pour a small amount into the bottom of the crockpot. Layer chicken over sauce, cover with slices of ham & top with cheese (I like to do this in 2 layers so it spreads out the ham & cheese over the chicken better). Pour in remaining soup mixture. Sprinkle the stuffing on top and then drizzle with melted butter. Cover & cook on low for 4-6 hours (I always use frozen chicken, so mine takes about 8 hours and I turn it on high for about 2-3 of the 8 hours).




*We like to have this with mashed potatoes because there's a lot of sauce & it works good for a gravy.






recipe from Jenni

2 comments:

Tyson and Christi Smith said...

I saw this and had to try it. It was so yummy and so easy. I actually grabbed all the ingredients on my way out the door and made it on my lunch break at work.

Brittany said...

Hi Crystal, we were in your ward in Rexburg. I made your 1-hour rolls 2 nights ago and will be attempting the cordon bleu tonight. Thanks for your ideas.