Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Bars


I made these when we had the missionaries over for dinner & everyone LOVED them--especially with a glass of milk!





Chocolate Chip Butterscotch Bars


1 C. butter, softened

1 C. brown sugar

1 egg (I used egg beaters)

2 tsp. vanilla

2 C. flour

1/2 tsp. soda

1 1/2 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips

1 C. (4 oz.) chopped pecans (optional--I didn't use them)



Blend butter & sugar together. Add egg & vanilla & beat at medium speed until light & smooth. Sift in dry ingredients & add chocolate chips & nuts. Blend at low speed until just combined. Do not overmix. Transfer dough into a greased 8x8 pan & level top with a rubber spatula. Bake in a preheated 300 degree oven for 30-40 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean, but center is still soft. Cool on rack to room temperature. Cut into bars & serve.




*These bars are really thick, so you could probably do them in a 9x13 pan if you like your bars thinner--I like them thick though :)





recipe from Mrs. Fields

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yumm! I am pinning these right now!