These were SO yummy--everyone loved them & not too bad for you either! You can also sprinkle on a little powdered sugar on the top for an added treat :)
Chocolate Zucchini Muffins
3/4 C. unsweetened applesauce
1/4 C. oil
3/4 C. honey
2 eggs (I use egg beaters)
1 tsp. vanilla
1/2 C. sour milk (add 1 tsp. vinegar or lemon juice to 1/2 C. milk (I used skim) & let it sit for 5 minutes)
1 1/2 C. whole wheat flour
1 C. oatmeal
5 Tbsp. cocoa
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. soda
3/4 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves (you can use nutmeg if you don't have cloves)
1/2 tsp. salt (I used 1/4 tsp.)
2 C. finely diced zucchini (I just shred it)
1 C. chocolate chips (I used semi-sweet & I just put 4 chocolate chips on the top of each muffin & press them down a little bit)
Mix batter in order of ingredients & fold in zucchini last. Pour into a greased 9x13 pan (or makes 24 muffins) & sprinkle chocolate chips on top. Bake at 325 degrees for 40-45 minutes (20-25 minutes for muffins) or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cake cool & sprinkle powdered sugar on top.
recipe from me (I just made some adaptations from this Chocolate Zucchini Cake recipe to make it a little less bad for you :))
No comments:
Post a Comment