Saturday, January 5, 2013

Pumpkin Pie Fudge



 This was really yummy--you must make this if you are a pumpkin fan!



Pumpkin Pie Fudge

1 1/2 C. sugar

2/3 C. evaporated milk

1/2 C. pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)

2 Tbsp. butter

1/4 tsp. salt (I used a little less)

1 1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice *

1 (12 0z.) pkg. white chocolate chips

2 C. mini marshmallows

1 1/4 tsp. vanilla

1/3 C. chopped nuts (optional--I didn't use any)



Line 8" square pan with foil.  Grease foil with cooking spray.  Lightly grease sides & bottom of medium saucepan with butter.  Combine sugar, milk, pumpkin, butter, salt & spices in saucepan.  Stirring constantly over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil.  Boil for 12 minutes.  Remove from heat & immediately stir in white chocolate chips & marshmallows until melted (this took several minutes of stirring before they were all melted).  Add nuts & vanilla.  Pour into prepared pan.  Chill in fridge until set.  Cut into small squares to serve.  Cover & store leftovers in fridge.




*I didn't have pumpkin pie spice so I used:

1 tsp. cinnamon

1/4 to 1/2 tsp. ginger

1/4 tsp. cloves

a few shakes of nutmeg





recipe from Jenni Hughes


No comments: