It doesn't look very appetizing, but it's tasty.
Tahini paste. I found it at Giant Eagle--you can also get it online as well. It's a little expensive, but you only use a little bit in the recipe, so it will last a long time.
We like to eat the baba ganoush with pita crackers. I also really like the garlic & herb flavor. I found these at Aldi & they're less than $2 for a box.
Baba Ganoush
2-3 medium/large eggplants
2-3 Tbsp. Tahini paste (to taste--I use 1-2 Tbsp)
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (I don't use it)
1/4 tsp. cumin (to taste--I use a little bit less)
1-2 Tbsp. lemon juice (to taste)
1 Tbsp. sugar (to taste)
1 Tbsp. minced garlic (I like garlic a lot, so I use 2-3 Tbsp.)
garlic salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
2-3 Tbsp. Tahini paste (to taste--I use 1-2 Tbsp)
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley (I don't use it)
1/4 tsp. cumin (to taste--I use a little bit less)
1-2 Tbsp. lemon juice (to taste)
1 Tbsp. sugar (to taste)
1 Tbsp. minced garlic (I like garlic a lot, so I use 2-3 Tbsp.)
garlic salt (to taste)
pepper (to taste)
Cover a baking sheet with foil & spray with cooking spray. Wash & dry eggplant & make several pokes with a fork on both sides of the eggplant. Rub the entire eggplant with a small amount of oil (I use canola). Bake at 450 degrees for 60-80 minutes (turn eggplant halfway through cooking). The eggplant will basically look burnt when they are finished. Place in a brown paper bag & let cool (I usually leave mine for 1-2 hours or sometimes longer if I'm feeling lazy). After the eggplant has cooled, cut open & separate the meat of the eggplant (it's quite slimy) from the skin. Throw the skin away & put the eggplant with the rest of the ingredients in a blender & blend until you reach your desired consistency. Add more of the ingredients if necessary to reach your desired taste. Let chill & serve with crackers (we like pita crackers) or veggies (I like it with carrots or celery). Store in fridge.
*this also freezes well too.
recipe from Nate & Anne Hinebaugh
No comments:
Post a Comment