Thursday, October 15, 2009

Mexicali Rice


This is one of my favorites! It's so yummy, easy, & versatile--you can serve it on rice or with tortilla chips or wrap it up in a tortilla!




Mexicali Rice

3-4 chicken breasts, cooked & cut into bite-sized pieces (I like to use a can of chicken from the cannery, it's yummy & really easy)

1 can black beans (drained)

1 can corn (drained)

2 C. chunky salsa

1 tsp. garlic salt (I also add some garlic powder, so there's more garlic flavor, but not too salty)

1/2 tsp. cumin (I don't have this, so I just leave it out & it tastes good still)

1/8 to 1/4 C. sugar (I just do this to taste--depending on how spicy I want it)

1 C. chopped onion (I just use onion powder to taste)



Add everything into a pot & simmer for 15-20 minutes. Serve over brown rice (or with tortilla chips or tortillas). Top with shredded cheese & sour cream.





Recipe from Barb

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That does look delicious! I think I'm going to have to try that one out this weekend since Curt's parents will be visiting!

Chelsi said...

Yum! I'll be trying that one for sure ;)

Chance and Beth said...

LOVE THIS! I made the rice and wrapped it all up in the tortilla burrito style. So yummy! Thanks for sharing!