These are the artichoke hearts I bought. It was a large jar, so I just used half & saved the rest for later use.
This is the shredded Parmesan cheese I bought. I found it in the refrigerated section near the cheeses.
Spinach Dip
1 small pkg. (10 oz.) frozen spinach, thawed (I like Bird's Eye brand)
1 small jar (6 oz.) marinated artichoke hearts, drained
8 oz. cream cheese (I used the reduced fat)
8 oz. (1 C.) sour cream (I used the light/reduced fat)
1 cube butter (next time I will do less--probably 1/2 cube)
3/4 C. shredded Parmesan cheese (I used 1/2 C.)
8 oz. (1 C.) shredded Monterrey Jack or Mozzarella cheese (I used Mozzarella & only did 3/4 C.)
1/2 onion, diced
1/2 red pepper, diced (I didn't use this)
Saute red pepper & onion in butter for 3-5 minutes. Add the rest of the ingredients while mixing & blending well after each addition. Add ingredients in this order: spinach, cream cheese, sour cream, parmesan cheese, artichoke hearts. Remove from heat. Put in crockpot or oven-safe dish. Top with mozzarella cheese & melt in oven or microwave. I didn't need mine for a few hours, so I just kept it warm in the crockpot & it worked great!
Serve hot with bread, chips, or cold veggies. I like it best served with french bread.
recipe from Kim Utterback
No comments:
Post a Comment