Saturday, October 15, 2011

Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars


These are so yummy and fast & easy! Just your basic chocolate chip cookie recipe, but made into bars!




Nestle Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars


1 C. butter, softened

3/4 C. sugar

3/4 C. brown sugar

1 tsp. vanilla

2 eggs (I used egg beaters)

2 1/4 C. flour

1 tsp. soda

1 tsp. salt (I used 1/2 tsp.)

2 C. semi-sweet chocolate chips (I used M & M's instead for the bars)

1 C. chopped nuts (optional--I didn't use nuts)




Beat butter & sugars together. Add in vanilla & eggs & mix well. Sift in dry ingredients. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto a cookie sheet or press into a greased jelly roll pan (15 inch x 10 inch). (The dough was really sticky, so I would wet my hands with some cold water & then press it down). Bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Cool & cut into squares.




* I like to do a 1 1/2 batch because I like my bars a little bit thicker :) 




recipe from Nestle

No comments: