Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Crockpot Turkey Pumpkin Chili


This was something yummy & different. I always love new crockpot recipes!





Crockpot Turkey Pumpkin Chili


2 lb. 99% lean ground turkey, cooked (I used closer to 1 lb.)

1 small onion, chopped (I used 1 tsp. onion powder instead)

3 garlic cloves, minced (I used this already minced garlic)

1 tsp. chili powder, to taste (I used a little bit less)

2 bay leaves

2 tsp. cumin (I used 1 tsp.)

1 tsp. oregano

30 oz. (2 cans) great northern beans or white navy beans, drained

1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)

1 can (4.5 oz.) chopped green chili (I just used 1/2 a can & froze the rest for later use)

1 can (2 cups) chicken broth

salt & pepper, to taste



Toppings (optional):


cilantro (I used this cilantro paste)

green onions (I didn't use)

sour cream (I didn't use)




Combine all ingredients (except toppings) in crockpot. Cook on low for 8 hours or on high for 4 hours. Remove bay leaves & serve with desired toppings.





*I'm sure this would be good with hamburger if you're not a ground turkey fan.






recipe from Gina's Skinny Recipes--you can go here for the original recipe

No comments: