Thursday, February 28, 2013

Peanut Butter Cookies



These were very tasty!  They were even better with a mini Reese's peanut butter cup instead of a kiss!




Peanut Butter Cookies


3/4 C. peanut butter (I used crunchy)

1/2 C. Crisco All-vegetable shortening (I used 1/4. C. Crisco & 1/4 C. softened butter)

1 1/4 C. brown sugar

3 Tbsp. milk (I used skim)

1 Tbsp. vanilla extract (I used less since I was using real vanilla)

1 large egg (I used egg beaters)

1 3/4 C. flour

3/4 tsp. soda

3/4 tsp. salt (I used just under 1/2 tsp.)



Heat oven to 375 degrees.  Combine peanut butter, shortening, brown sugar, milk & vanilla in a large bowl.  Beat with mixer on medium speed until well blended.  Add egg, beating just until blended.  Combine flour, soda, & salt.  Add to creamed mixture at a low speed, mixing just until blended.  Drop by rounded tablespoons 2 inches apart onto baking sheet  (I rolled the cookie dough balls in some sugar before baking).  Bake 6 to 8 minutes or until set & just beginning to brown. (Immediately press in a kiss or mini peanut butter cup right after they come out of the oven).  Cool on baking sheet for 2 minutes.  Remove to wire rack to cool completely.


Makes approximately 3 dozen cookies.




*I did a double batch of this recipe.





recipe from Jif


No comments: