Friday, April 2, 2021

Lasagna Soup



This is one of our favorite soups--so yummy!

Lasagna Soup

1 lb. ground beef (can also used ground turkey)

1 small onion, chopped (I use 1 tsp. onion powder)

1 large garlic clove, minced (I use 1 tsp. of the minced garlic in a jar)

1 large can (28 oz.) crushed tomatoes

1 can (14.5 oz.) diced tomatoes

3 C. chicken broth ( I use chicken bouillon and water)

1 C. water

1 beef bouillon cube

1 1/2 tsp. Italian seasoning

crushed red pepper flakes, to taste (I don't use too much because it's pretty spicy)

1/2 box (3 cups) medium shells

cottage cheese


Brown beef with onion and garlic.  Drain fat.  Add the rest of the ingredients except the shells and cottage cheese.  Heat to a boil and then reduce heat.  Add shells and simmer uncovered until noodles are tender, about 20-30 minutes.  Serve warm with cottage cheese on top.



recipe from Haley

No comments: