Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Creamy Chicken Enchiladas


These are so yummy & easy! The garlic cloves give them the best flavor!




Creamy Chicken Enchiladas


2 chicken breasts (cooked & cut-up)

8 tortillas (I use whole wheat)

2 cans Cream of Chicken soup

1 small can green chilies (I just use 1/2 a can because we don't like them too spicy & then I just freeze the rest to use for next time)

1/2 - 1 C. sour cream

1/2 tsp. salt

2-3 garlic cloves (peeled & finely chopped)

shredded cheese

onion (optional--I never do)

olives (optional)





Saute garlic with a little bit of butter for a few minutes. Combine soup, green chilies, sour cream, salt, & garlic and mix until smooth. Fill tortilla with a little cheese, onion, chicken & sauce. Make sure to save enough sauce to pour over the top at the end. Roll up tortilla and place in a greased 9x13 baking dish. Continue until you have used all of the tortillas. Pour remaining sauce over the top. Sprinkle lightly with shredded cheese & bake at 350 degrees for about 30 minutes (until bubbly). Garnish with olives & onions if desired.






recipe from Carrie

No comments: