Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Pumpkin Pancakes


These were an instant favorite for my family! So yummy & they were still great heated-up the next day! It's something I will definitely be making over & over again!





Pumpkin Pancakes


2 C. flour (I use whole-wheat)

3 Tbsp. brown sugar

2 tsp. baking powder

1 tsp. soda

1 tsp. ground allspice (I used nutmeg)

1 tsp. ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp. ground ginger

1/2 tsp. salt

1 1/2 C. milk

1 C. pumpkin puree

1 egg

2 Tbsp. vegetable oil (I did 1 Tbsp. oil & 1 Tbsp. applesauce)

2 Tbsp. vinegar




Mix together the milk, pumpkin, egg, oil, & vinegar. Sift in flour, brown sugar, baking powder, soda, spices, & salt. Stir together just enough to combine (mine had quite a few lumps). Pour or scoop the batter onto a heated griddle, using approximately 1/4 C. for each pancake (I found it helpful to spread it out with a spoon once you've poured the batter onto the griddle because it's quite thick). Brown on both sides & serve hot. We like to eat them with powdered sugar, but I've heard they're good with maple syrup too!


Makes 12 pancakes.





*I like to use a little extra of all of the spices.




*For an extra little treat, I added some semi-sweet chocolate chips into the last few pancakes (before cooking) & had them with powdered sugar--it was soooooo good!








recipe from Allrecipes.com

No comments: