Thursday, May 6, 2010

Banana Muffins (Whole Grain)


These are so good! Danny & Jace loved them too & they're pretty healthy :) I made up this recipe using this blueberry muffin recipe as a guide.




Banana Muffins (Whole Grain)

1/3 C. canola oil (do 3/4 of the amount unsweetened applesauce and 1/4 oil)

1/4 C. honey

2 eggs (I use egg beaters)

1 1/4 C. whole wheat flour

1/2 C. oatmeal

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. soda

1/2 tsp. salt

1 C. mashed ripe banana (2-3 bananas)

1/2 C. chopped walnuts (optional--we're not huge nut fans, so I don't ever add nuts, but I think it would be good)



Mix oil, honey, & eggs in a bowl. Put dry ingredients in sifter & alternate sifting in the dry ingredients & stirring in the banana. Bake at 375 degrees for 15-20 minutes.



Makes approximately 12 muffins.





Recipe from me

No comments: