Tuesday, April 26, 2011
Pumpkin Muffins
Pumpkin Muffins
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin
4 eggs (I use Egg Beaters)
1 C. oil (I do 3/4 C. unsweetened applesauce & 1/4 C. canola oil)
2/3 C. water
2 C. sugar (I do 3/4 C. honey)
3 1/2 C. flour (I do 2 C. whole wheat flour & 1 1/2 C. oatmeal)
2 tsp. soda
1 1/2 tsp. salt (I do 3/4 tsp.)
1 tsp. cinnamon (I add a little bit more)
1 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/4 tsp. ginger
Mix together pumpkin, eggs, oil, water & sugar until well blended. Sift in the dry ingredients & mix until just blended. Scoop into greased muffin tins and bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
Makes approximately 28 muffins.
*I added some semi-sweet chocolate chips to a few of the muffins for a little treat & they were really tasty!
recipe from the pumpkin bread recipe found here
Labels:
breads,
breakfast dishes,
muffins,
Pumpkin Muffins,
whole grain
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment