I absolutely LOVE these sugar cookies--they're so good! I love to use red hots when I make them for Christmas or Valentine's Day...
..and candy corns when I make them for Halloween!
Sugar Cookies
2/3 C. butter, softened
3/4 C. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
4 tsp. milk
2 C. sifted flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Thoroughly cream butter, sugar, & vanilla. Add egg & beat until light & fluffy. Stir in milk. Sift together dry ingredients & blend into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half & wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 1 hour. On lightly floured surface, roll to about 1/8 inch thickness (or however thick you desire). Cut in shapes with cutters. Bake on greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for about 5 to 8 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE! Cool slightly & remove from pan. Makes 2 dozen cookies. Frost the cookies after they are completely cooled.
*I always double the recipe so that I have some to share :)
Frosting
1 C. softened butter
4 C. powdered sugar (this is just an estimate--I always just dump some in & add more if needed)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. milk (again, I just dump some in until it's the right consistency)
Beat until it's well mixed and smooth.
recipe from my Mom
2/3 C. butter, softened
3/4 C. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 egg
4 tsp. milk
2 C. sifted flour
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
Thoroughly cream butter, sugar, & vanilla. Add egg & beat until light & fluffy. Stir in milk. Sift together dry ingredients & blend into creamed mixture. Divide dough in half & wrap in plastic wrap. Chill for 1 hour. On lightly floured surface, roll to about 1/8 inch thickness (or however thick you desire). Cut in shapes with cutters. Bake on greased cookie sheet at 350 degrees for about 5 to 8 minutes. DO NOT OVERBAKE! Cool slightly & remove from pan. Makes 2 dozen cookies. Frost the cookies after they are completely cooled.
*I always double the recipe so that I have some to share :)
Frosting
1 C. softened butter
4 C. powdered sugar (this is just an estimate--I always just dump some in & add more if needed)
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbsp. milk (again, I just dump some in until it's the right consistency)
Beat until it's well mixed and smooth.
recipe from my Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment