Thursday, December 9, 2010

French Dips


These are seriously so easy & SO GOOD! Definitely a must try!




French Dips

3 1/2 lb. beef chuck roast (I think mine was a rump roast & it worked great)

1 can beef consomme (I used Campbell's)

1 can beef broth

2 cubes beef bouillon

1/2 to 3/4 pkg. (of a 1 oz. pkg.) onion soup mix

salt, to taste

pepper, to taste

onion powder, to taste

garlic powder, to taste

buns or rolls





Place roast in crock pot & season with salt, pepper, onion powder, & garlic powder. Mix beef consomme, broth, & onion soup mix. Pour over roast. Place bouillon cubes on opposite sides of the roast. Cover & cook on low for 7-8 hours (I used a frozen roast, so I did mine for a little longer--or you can turn it on high for a while). Take out the meat & slice or shred it & put it back in the juice for 1/2 to 1 hour before serving. Serve on rolls or buns & dip in the au jus.




*You can also put mozzarella or provolone cheese on these, but we liked ours just as well without the cheese.




recipe from Megan on Tasty Kitchen

2 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh goodness, your blog does wonders for my pregnant cravings and ever expanding middle section! :) Making these tonight. Using french bread for the rolls part, we'll see if that works ok. YUM!

Ashley said...

So I thought I would tell you that I did these with the french bread, and they were great. I toasted them in the oven with provolone cheese on them so they were crispy to dip, and we LOVED them! So good, thanks for the recipe, it's a new fave for sure!