Thursday, December 9, 2010

Shepherd's Breakfast


We like to have breakfast dinners quite often & this goes great with pancakes or muffins!




Shepherd's Breakfast

1-2 cups frozen potatoes, enough to cover bottom of pan (I use southern style--it's also really good with leftover baked potatoes cut up into small chunks)

1-2 Tbsp. butter

eggs (I usually use 4)

milk (about 1/4 C.)

cheese

bacon or ham (optional--I don't use it, but it's really good)

salt (I like to use seasoned salt)

pepper




Melt butter in bottom of pan. Put in potatoes & season with salt & pepper. Cook over medium heat until browned & heated through. Mix eggs & milk in a small bowl & pour over potatoes. Stir with spatula so that the eggs scramble. After the eggs are all cooked, sprinkle some cheese on top & turn off heat & put on the lid so the cheese will melt. Serve with ketchup, hot sauce, or salsa.



*If you're using bacon or ham, you can add it in with the potatoes or eggs--whichever you prefer.






recipe from Mom

No comments: